RRR

When I was travelling in Portland last month me and my friends decided to get tattoos. I've wanted a recycling symbol ever since my first tattoo, because to me there is a lot of meaning behind it. Obviously it means reuse reduce recycle, but the symbol itself: three arrows connected in a never-ending loop, can be interpreted as the three main stages of a product's life. Production, consumption and disposal, working together without an end. In my ideal world there would be no wasteful practices, no disposable items to satisfy our demanding 'needs'. Instead, everything would be recyclable fixable or reusable, and all the end-products could directly fuel the inputs and we wouldn't need to constantly extract raw materials from the Earth only to have them thrown away a short while later. Our actions aren't sustainable, but where there's a will there's a way to manifest it in reality. It'll only be a matter of time until the rest of the population will realize how our actions are negatively impacting all corners of this world, and we start to rework our whole society around being environmentally friendly. I just hope it doesn't take a crazy disaster to make us all aware of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Two

New Job at the ABCRC

5 Useful tricks for greener living