I've been thinking a lot about the bigger picture. I feel that most of us are so distracted with life we never look up to see it. I've never wanted to be successful in the monetary, economic fashion. I never had an urge to own a big house down in the suburbs or drive an SUV. I got off on the idea that I could leave it all behind; that I could live life on my own terms. And every day I am making decisions that bring me closer to where I want to be. It can be really simple, like recycling and picking up litter, and it can be bigger life decisions like going plastic free or growing your own food. No matter the act, as long as it is aimed towards reducing our negative impacts on the environment around us, it won't be in vain. If more people realize that all life on this planet is equally important, we won't treat our neighbors like a perpetual garbage bin. 
Nature is home to me. It is where I feel at peace, where I'm rapt with fascination and reduced to childish joy. I enjoy every minute I'm within it. And I want to dedicate my life to help it thrive in the way it was meant to be. So if you see me picking up litter, consider joining in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Two

New Job at the ABCRC

5 Useful tricks for greener living