Book Two

Again, it's been a long time since I posted here.

My last post was talking about the new chapter I entered when I parted ways with what I thought was my dream job. Going forward, not only do I feel like a new chapter, I feel like I'm on to book two of my life! Which is an exciting place to find myself, and I would like to share my experiences and learning with the ethereal internet.

Two months ago I moved to the Sunshine Coast in order to try something different, challenge myself, and learn more about the natural world. I started off by getting really into embroidery. I had people asking for commissions, and even got my work into a local bistro. I was taking much needed time to fill my creative well, and simply be. And when my hands got too sore from embroidering, I would explore nearby forests and lakes, and I began to learn the native plants of a new environment.



For a few years now I have become very interested in plant medicine and the amazing wealth of nutrition and healing that are found in native plants. I believe it's an integral part of bridging the disconnect that has began to rift, between society and the natural world. So many people can't name 5 native plants, or rarely go for immersive walks in truly wild areas. I'm working towards fixing that, and empowering people to reconnect with the world around them.

 
admiring some massive coastal trees


But first, I need to do the learning! And boy have I learned a lot since moving out here. I am now working on a low impact sustainable organic farm with some really amazing people.  I've begun the exploration into medicinal mushrooms that grow in my back yard (I'm so honoured to have 15 acres of second growth forest as my back yard, with plenty of growing goodies!) And I am wild-crafting these new medicinal plants and fungi into tinctures, teas and salves!

Going forward I would like to have this blog be a place where I talk about what I've learned, both on the farm and in the forest. And I would love it if you came along for the ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Job at the ABCRC

5 Useful tricks for greener living